- Plug the 1/4-inch phone plug from the photogate into the Smart Timer’s input channel 1 on the right hand side.
- Plug the 9 VDC power adapter into the small socket on the left side of the timer.
- Slide the power switch to the ON position. The Smart Timer will “beep” and show “PASCO scientific” on the display.
From this point, the three-step setup of the Smart Timer is easy:
- Click the Select Measurement key 1 three times until the desired measurement type Accel is displayed on the top line of the display. (Continued clicking scrolls the menu around again.)
- Click the Select Mode key 2 twice until the desired measurement mode Lin Pulley is displayed after the measurement type Accel.
You cannot begin a measurement until both the type and mode have been selected.